Coronavirus is out here and a lot of people are working from home and to adjust to our new reality, some companies are now having video meetings. Here are my tips to a successful video meeting.
- Sign in early and check your background. Keep the items behind you simple and not busy.
- Put your laptop on a stand or bunch of books to increase the height of your laptop so that you are eye level instead of looking down at the laptop. Trust me no one looks cute that way.
- Pick your shirt with care. Light colors are better especially when you are dark-skinned.
- Wear pants. You might forget, stand up and be embarrassed. Don’t be that guy.
- If you wear eyeglasses, they can see the reflection of your cell phone in the lens of your eyeglasses. Lower the brightness of your cellphone and don’t look at inappropriate sites at that time.
- Have good lighting. Overhead lighting is a must. If you are near a window, keep the window infront of you, not behind you since you will be dark if it’s behind you.
- Pick a quiet low traffic area where your family will not be walking and talking around in the background.,
- Mute your microphone when you are not talking. Then remember to turn on your microphone when you are talking.